The project is located next to a small tranquil village in the Dayan Mountains, Pengjiang District, Jiangmen City, covers approximately 15 hectares. The site features a beautiful mountainous terrain with dense vegetation and several mulberry fish ponds which are symbolic of the local Ling-nan culture and landscape. Our work includes the masterplan, the overall landscape, the Wetland Reception Center, the architectual design of the Xitang Farm, and the landscape and interior design of the Xitang Bookstore. The project hopes to provide a different environment from the urban residence, and try to show a living condition of rural garden for the people who live here in the future, and propose a life style of returning to the nature.
▼度假综合体项目概览，overview of the resort complex
The rural architecture in the new era has different aesthetic quality requirements than the past. It should pay more attention to the real needs of people and adapt to the aesthetic taste of people. It is rural, indigenous, natural and innovative, no longer requiring too much retroism and exoticism.From the city to the countryside, we want to create a new type of community that connects different groups of people. Reconstruct the new community relationship of “indigenous people, new residents and tourists”, create a return to a simple lifestyle, and create a new community with a place spirit through a series of nodes. “Invisible integration and reincarnation” is the main concept of the Xitang Resort Complex.
▼项目本质上在于重新构建“原住民、新住民、游客”三者融合的新型社区关系，the project is aim to reconstruct the new community relationship of “indigenous people, new residents and tourists”
1.The continuation of ecology – focus on the original appearance of the site
▼场地中的自然元素：小南头山、一个带状的植被区、场地外围的桑基鱼塘，Xiaonantou Mountain, a strip of vegetation area and a pond outside the site
At the beginning of the design, we have established the principles and concepts of using a wide range of water bodies and native vegetation resources to take light maintenance on a large scale to reduce the burden on the ecosystem. From the four aspects of mountain forest, river pond, wetland, and path, it reflects the continuation of the original ecology.
(1) The site has two very significant vegetation elements: Xiaonantou Mountain, and a strip of vegetation area, both of which are preserved, surrounded by roads, buildings, water bodies, hills and native vegetation and topography. The site of the two building groups is centered on two small hills, built on the hills, and the vegetation at the bottom of the mountain is clearly visible at the main road interface.
(2) The largest pond in the site is completely preserved, and the mulberry fish pond outside the site is also fully included in the sight. The central water body designed by the area where some ponds are concentrated is selected to be the core of the whole landscape, and then connected to different landscape nodes through a bridge in a ring.
(3) The newly designed wetland floating island is also designed with full respect for the texture of the historical water system and the location of the original fish pond. The original river and intercepting ditch flowing through the site were preserved and beautified to ensure the flood discharge needs of the surrounding villages while maintaining the original ecological features.
(4) The main garden roads of the site are to follow the roads of the original site, and reduce the impact of the new road system on the site boundary and the internal ecosystem of the site. The native vegetation on the hillside will be preserved as much as possible. Even if the new ground cover is added, it is mainly based on large-scale cultivation of wild fun, low-maintenance big-leaf oil grass and pennisetum, which highlights the ecological characteristics of natural wildness.
▼场地的主要园路路径均最大限度地遵循原场地的道路，降低新建道路体系对场地边界和场地内部生态系统的冲击，the main garden roads of the site are to follow the roads of the original site, and reduce the impact of the new road system on the site boundary and the internal ecosystem of the site
2.The aggregation of buildings – integration and rebirth
The building’s aggregation strategy has two levels of meaning. First, gather around the major building nodes. Second, the rural settlements are reborn. The design combines the traditional Lingnan rural settlement intentions and combines the organic forms to form a natural settlement space.
▼建筑的聚合策略：环聚各大建筑节点和乡村聚落的转绎重生，building’s aggregation strategy: gather around the major building nodes, the rural settlements are reborn
▼环形步道将各大建筑节点串联起来，建筑平面布局类似传统岭南乡村聚落，中间是一个围合的院落，the main building nodes are connected in series by a circular walkway, the layout of the building forms a form similar to the traditional Lingnan rural settlement with an enclosed courtyard in the middle
▼建筑群体具有强烈的雕塑感，the building group has a stronger sense of sculpture
▼桥梁维持了圆形栈道的交通衔接功能，the bridge maintains the traffic connection of the circular plank road
(1) Central round lake – a gathering of buildings, integrated into the background
Focus on creating experience activities, and set the relatively artificial nodes on the wetland ring to form a layered and distinct annular space structure. Each node is also melted into the natural environment to reduce the impact on the natural base. The main building nodes are connected in series by a circular walkway, simplifying the space organization and tour routes, and highlighting the overall sense. At the same time, a series of nodes along the circular path emphasizes the sense of visuality and participation, and enhances the quality of the entire scenic spot.
(2) Wetland Center – Rural Settlement, Image Rebirth
The wetland reception center is designed to face two waters and one side. The layout of the building forms a form similar to the traditional Lingnan rural settlement, with an enclosed courtyard in the middle. The roof uses a variable folding slope to give the building group a stronger sense of sculpture. The landscape design is mainly around the atrium and the surrounding interface. It adopts the form of natural transition to deal with the two side façades of Linshui and Linshan. The combination of simple paving sets off the toughness and purity of the building space, while maintaining the traffic connection of the circular plank road.
(3) Xitang Farm – minimalist style, fit the environment
Xitang Farm is connected to the hills, the central lake and the fisch ponds. The building form adopts a minimalist shape that fits the environment and forms a strong contrast with the wetland center building. This is one of the main places to meet parent-child activities. The landscape design adopts minimalist techniques to form a unity and echo with the architectural style.
▼建筑形成类似传统岭南乡村聚落的形态意向，the building adopts a form similar to the traditional Lingnan rural settlement
▼屋顶采用变化的折坡，the roof uses a variable folding slope
3.Deeper experience – deep interactive experience
Returning to the natural environment and coexisting with nature at zero distance is a scene in which people feel the spiritual essence of the earth. They are far away from the hustle and bustle of the city, unloading the hustle and bustle of life, breathing the free air, surpassing the crowded environment and listening to themselves. a good opportunity for inner voice
▼度假中心让人们远离城市的喧嚣，与自然零距离共处，the resort let people to be far away from the hustle and bustle of the city, coexisting with nature at zero distance
(1) Suitable for people of all ages
The concept of aging, there are three typical comprehensive experience places in the venue, namely Xitang Farm, Wetland Reception Center and Xitang Academy and six outdoor experience spaces, which can meet the needs of different age groups.
(2) Emphasis on interaction, deep participation and interactive experience
Take Xitang Farm as an example. We set up a series of activities, including parent-child kitchen, parent-child garden, sightseeing factory, Mengzi Paradise and Diaoyutang.
(3) Tour experience
I hope that by setting the route and tools, I can give visitors different ways of experiencing. Provide visitors with a variety of different ways and paths of self-driving experience, walking experience, battery car experience, water play and more.
▼场地中如同教堂般的装置，a church-like installation at the site
▼游客在建筑中深度参与、形成互动体验，tourists can have a deep participation and interactive experience
▼场地中的不同体验设施满足不同年龄段的需要，facilities can meet the needs of different age groups
▼场地鸟瞰效果图，rendering in aerial view
主创：彭勃（Paul Bo Peng），余定
客户：保利华南实业有限公司 Poly South China Industrial Company Limited